[Lcdproc] lcdproc mailinglist moved to new server and domain

  • From: Harald Geyer <harald AT ccbib.org>
  • To: lcdproc AT lists.lcdproc.org
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcdproc mailinglist moved to new server and domain
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 18:19:47 +0200

Hi all!

It seems the google groups list, started a few years ago, never took
off. So instead it was decided to move to old list at omnipotent.net
to a new server and resurrect it under the new name
lcdproc AT lists.lcdproc.org.

All 355 subscribers have been moved including personal settings and
passwords. (To the extent permitted by the new list engine.)
Also the full archive has been restored in the new location. The
password issue (some archived messages contained passwords in the
mailman footer, which was one reason to shut down the list) has been
solved by editing the affected messages before restoration. The
new list engine is not known to add passwords to message footers.

If you notice any problems with the new setup, please let me know.

Thanks to all the people involved and especially to Gareth for
hosting the lcdproc mailing list for more then 20 years!

I think pull requests on github are fine for casual code review,
but this list should be the primary user support channel. Also
bigger discussions about the development of lcdproc don't work
well on github, so I'm glad we have the mailing list back for
those too.

Harald

--
If you want to support my work: