[Lcdproc] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Only hieroglyph displayed on LCD

  • From: herdler at gmx.de (Stefan Herdler)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Only hieroglyph displayed on LCD
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 01:22:28 +0100

Hi

> Controller seems to be a S6A0069 and I have found on an LCDproc
> mailing list that it seems to be a hd44780 compatible device.
> This one is on com2 device which is using 0x2F8.

Yes, the display seems hd44780 compatible.
But hd44780 compatible have a parallel interface yours is connected to a
serial port.

There must be some kind of converter between the display and the serial
port interface.
This converter can do anything with the data send to the serial port.

So you have to find a driver for this converter not for the display.
If you don't find useful informations about the converter used, you can
try the drivers for serial connected displays.

I think it's worth trying at least the following drivers. This displays
has been used in professional equipment too.
Crystalfontz, CwLinux, Martix Orbital, Tyan, serialVFD, serialPOS, MiniBox

good luck and
regards
Stefan