[Lcdproc] getting a CrystalFontz CFA-533 to work

  • From: max at crystalfontz.com (Max Roberg)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] getting a CrystalFontz CFA-533 to work
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 09:50:38 -0700

> Hi,
>
> > cognized fine, however, the text displayed isn't white (as
> > advertised) but somewhat dark gray and barely readable at
> > all. I've tried several combinations of brightness and
> > contrast settings to no avail. Anyone know what could be
>
> I don't know CF displays. Maybe the backlight is missing?

I don't know FreeBSD but I work at Crystalfontz.

If you aren't sure if the display is damaged or just set to an odd
configuration, an email to support at crystalfontz.com can maybe help you
determine that for sure.

It sounds like you are outside of the warranty period but we're still happy
to try and walk you through some troubleshooting measures.

Here's a link to what they *should* look like:
https://www.crystalfontz.com/product/cfa533tmiku.

These aren't photoshopped other than to crop them and clean out the
mounting holes and whatnot.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Thanks,
Max