[Lcdproc] Driving ST7066U

  • From: harald at ccbib.org (Harald Geyer)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Driving ST7066U
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 16:09:59 +0100

Philip Prindeville writes:
> Harald: on OpenWRT with the latest porting, I have the following drivers
> being built:
>
> bayrad CFontzPacket CFontz curses CwLnx ea65 EyeboxOne futaba glcd
> glk hd44780 i2500vfd icp_a106 imonlcd imon IOWarrior irtrans joy
> lb216 lcdm001 lcterm linux_input lis MD8800 ms6931 mtc_s16209x MtxOrb
> NoritakeVFD Olimex_MOD_LCD1x9 picolcd pyramid rawserial sdeclcd sed1330
> sed1520 serialPOS serialVFD shuttleVFD sli stv5730 SureElec t6963 text
> tyan ula200 vlsys_m428 yard2LCD
>
> but not all of them (including sdeclcd) get installed. Is that an
> oversight?

I simply used --enable-drivers=all and then checked which ones actually
get built and installed those...

Since you apparently fixed the libftdi dependency, these drivers would
need installing too. A big thanks BTW, if this really works. I guess nobody
touched it, because everybody thought it would be a difficult problem.

I notice that my list of drivers also misses everything using the parallel
port as only interface, because my platform doesn't have them. I didn't
think that anybody would use OpenWRT and lcdproc on x86. I guess we need
to come up with a way to conditionally install them on the right platforms.

Harald

--
If you want to support my work:
see http://friends.ccbib.org/harald/supporting/