[Lcdproc] Driving ST7066U

  • From: harald at ccbib.org (Harald Geyer)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Driving ST7066U
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 21:30:49 +0100

Hi Philip,

I haven't had time to look at the datasheets. However a few ideas:

Philip Prindeville writes:
> When I start up the install with these options changed (from defaults):
>
> Driver=hd44780
>
> ReportToSyslog=yes
>
> [hd44780]
> ConnectType=8bit
> Port=0x378
> #Speed=0
> Keypad=yes
> #Backlight=yes
> Size=20x2
> vspan=2
>

> I just get the backlight on the module flashing, with no information on
> the display.

The backlight flashing points to the wiring being different to what
lcdproc expects, I think.

> Does anyone have any advice for troubleshooting this?

Currently lcdproc supports 3 types of 8bit wirings:
8bit, winamp and lcm162

I think you should be able to test the backlight wiring at least by
connecting via telnet/netcat to LCDd and switching the backlight on/off
manually.

Only after this works, I'd spend effort on debugging the data pins.

HTH,
Harald
--
If you want to support my work: