[Lcdproc] lcdproc 0.5.8 release candidate 1

  • From: harald at ccbib.org (Harald Geyer)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcdproc 0.5.8 release candidate 1
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 18:09:28 +0100

Hi!

I wrote:
> Unfortunately I have some trouble with uploading the properly autoconf
> processed tar ball to github. I think I have the necessary permissions
> (creating a draft for the release worked fine), but when uploading the
> file it says: Something went really wrong, and we can’t process that
> file. Try another file.
>
> I hope to sort this out till the official release. For now I have
> uploaded the release tarball to my own server. See below.

Ok, got that working now. You can download the lcdproc-0.5.8rc1.tar.gz
now from github.

Unfortunately it seems there is no way to tell github not to provide
archives of the git snapshot of the release, so there is a confusing
number of files for download, but only lcdproc-0.5.8rc1.tar.gz is the
real release ...

If anybody has a good idea what to do about this, help would be much
appreciated.

Harald

--
If you want to support my work: