[Lcdproc] [Announcement] New mailing list for LCDproc (migrating from omnipotent.net)

  • From: willfe at gmail.com (William Ferrell)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] [Announcement] New mailing list for LCDproc (migrating from omnipotent.net)
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 10:01:07 -0400

All,

I've created a new mailing list (via Google Groups) for the LCDproc
project. It can be reached at
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/lcdproc-mailing-list and should be up and
running for immediate use. It is primarily configured as a mailing list,
though posting via web is also enabled. Archives are provided. Volunteers
for moderators are welcome :)

Assuming people are able to sign up and say "hi" on the new mailing list,
we should begin transitioning to the new mailing list for ongoing
discussions as soon as possible. Once we shake out the bugs (if any), I'll
post an announcement here to deprecate this (the old) mailing list (giving
about a week's notice) and then a final message to close it permanently.

I'll inquire about obtaining whatever archives of the mailing list are
available so they can be hosted somewhere for posterity. If anyone on the
mailing list has any archive of the list they're willing to share, please
let me know.

I'd like to extend my sincerest gratitude to Gareth Watts for his
generosity in hosting and maintaining the LCDproc mailing list on his
server at omnipotent.net for so many years. The project wouldn't have grown
as much as it did without that kindness.

Thanks, everyone!

--
William W. Ferrell
Software Engineer