[Lcdproc] (github copies #2) addition of MO LK204-7T

  • From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] (github copies #2) addition of MO LK204-7T
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 18:00:30 -0400

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 5:14 PM, David Glaude <david.glaude at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I found on github a copy of lcdproc with the addition of a new driver.
> Particularity of this hardware is that it apparently has a controlable
> keyboard backlight.
>
> https://github.com/bfrigon/lcdproc
> Add support for Matrix Orbital LK204-7T
> - Set backlight color in config.
> - Change keypad backlight brightness level.
> - Auto backlight dimming (LCD and keypad) when idle. -
>
> Maybe we should contact bfrigon to ask to rebased it and why not accept that
> driver.

Good news! I happen to have a Matrix Orbital LK204-7T so I can help test.

I read through the MtxOrb.c driver to see what he added and it looks
like he basically followed the pattern from the surrounding code, so
it seems as robust as its parent. I'd have no problem trying it out
on my hardware before we ship it.

-ethan