[Lcdproc] LCDproc and key events

  • From: jonathan.n.mills at gmail.com (Jonathan Mills)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDproc and key events
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 18:00:19 +0100

Thanks you Harald for your reply: You were correct: Although I had the
buttons configured in, I thought "Keypad" related to an externally
attached key pad. Enabling that added "key" to the initialisation
screen, and things went a little better.

I managed to get the menus displayed with the telnet script, and
navigate them with the 5 piplate buttons.

[By the way - the "Escape" is emitted by telnet client, not lcdproc
itself...

Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
hello
connect LCDproc 0.5.7 protocol 0.3 lcd wid 16 hgt 2 cellwid 5 cellhgt 8

]

I still have an issue though: lcdexec with the default menu definitions
in /etc/lcdexec.conf fails with

Critical error, abort

Running strace on it it seems to set up the menus, and then fail -
perhaps when creating the "Apply?" item?

Does anyone have a working menu for lcdexec that I can study please?

[Debian Pi distro, hd44780 16x2, piplate, lcdproc 0.5.7]

Jonathan