[Lcdproc] Listen and ignore messages

  • From: support at telium.ca (Telium Technical Support)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Listen and ignore messages
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 09:44:40 -0400

I'm new to LCDproc and am designing my client code right now. Comparing
various documentation I could find, I wonder if the meaning of listen &
ignore have changed. One doc shows:

listen [#screen [#widget [#widgets...]]]
Notifies client that "server is listening for data".
ignore [#screen [#widget [#widgets...]]]
Tells the client "shut up".

While another doc says:

listen screen_id , ignore screen_id
The screen with the screen_id given is now visible on the display (listen)
or it is not visible anymore on the display (ignore).

Does that mean when the ignore message arrives I cannot send any updates
about that screen (they are discarded)? Or is the ignore/listen just for my
information but I can keep sending updates to the ignored screen?

(This was originally posted on sourceforge but after a week of no response I
thought I'd try the mailing list). Thanks!