[Lcdproc] Some help with multiple heartbeat characters

  • From: zv at ziva-vatra.com (ZV)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Some help with multiple heartbeat characters
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 19:37:37 +0100

Hey All,

I am in the process of writing an implementation of the pic-an-lcd
protocol for the Arduino (https://github.com/ZivaVatra/ArduLCD), and
have been testing with lcdproc.

I have got a version working, however I seem to have the heartbeat
appearing multiple times. I don't think it is corruption because the
heartbeat glyph is always alternating with other full blocks, and there
are no other out of place characters, or
garbage on the display. This only happens on bar graphs, and places
where I would expect there to be full blocks.

If I disable heartbeat, I get just the static hearts, however if I
enable heartbeat all the hearts beat in unison (except on the LoadAvg
lcdproc screen, where they stay static).

I have been debugging this for a while, and can't really work out where
it is coming from, so thought perhaps someone here has seen something
similar before?

(I had to remove the attached photos, as my email is held until
moderated by the list admin, but I can email direct if you want to see).