[Lcdproc] hd44780 raspberry Pi 2

  • From: ted1 at telus.net (T ed Ozolins)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780 raspberry Pi 2
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 15:28:38 -0600

To start with, I'm not much of a programmer (I know just enough to get
me in trouble). In trying to get lcdproc working on a rpi 2, viewing
the logs I noticed that "raspberrypi LCDd: check_board_rev: This board
is not recognized as a Raspberry Pi!"

Looking at hd44780-rpi.c it is looking for "BCM2708" yet the newer pi 2
uses "BCM2836" and of course the revision numbers will be different. I
have not looked at "gpio_pins_R2" layout but will have to compare it
to the current Pi2's and see if they remained the same. If they are the
same, would changing BCM2708 to BCM2836 mess things up?

--
Ted Ozolins
Cranbrook, BC