[Lcdproc] release plans (was: lis driver and libftdi)

  • From: harald at ccbib.org (Harald Geyer)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] release plans (was: lis driver and libftdi)
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 16:59:35 +0100

On 29.02.2016 13:33, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Hello
>
> I guess that we have 2 choices:
> - ship untested code and have a possibility of breaking lcdproc for
> lis
> displays
> - disable lis and render all lis displays useless
>
> I think the first option is preferable: If a user complain, we'll fix
> the issue
> and ask for feedback.
>
> As your patch does not really change the implementation, I'll try the
> first
> option on lcdproc Debian package.

I guess when packagers start picking up patches from the Mailinglist,
that
means a release is overdue to avoid falling prey to bitrot. So is there
any
way I can help to get a release out?

Actually we have a huge pile of patches floating around that haven't
even
been added to a repository yet...

(Note that I'm somewhat biased as I want to package lcdproc for OpenWRT
(again), but have been waiting for a new release with all my musl libc
compatibility fixes.)

TIA,
Harald

--
If you want to support my work:
see http://friends.ccbib.org/harald/supporting/

  • [Lcdproc] release plans (was: lis driver and libftdi), Harald Geyer, 03/01/2016