[Lcdproc] lis driver and libftdi [was Re: please switch to libftdi1]

  • From: domi.dumont at free.fr (Dominique Dumont)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lis driver and libftdi [was Re: please switch to libftdi1]
  • Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 13:33:36 +0100

Hello

Sorry for the late reply, I lost track of this issue...

On Sunday 17 January 2016 11:16:01 Daryl F wrote:
> A made up the patch (attached for the current 5.7 lcdproc and the lis
> driver will compile with libftdi1. Retrieved the display itself and found
> it is dead I'd moved the server to a remote location and haven't
> actually looked at it for months.
>
> Having no way to test that the driver actually works and being unwilling
> to replace the display I'd say we should deprecate the lis driver.

Thanks for the patch.

I guess that we have 2 choices:
- ship untested code and have a possibility of breaking lcdproc for lis
displays
- disable lis and render all lis displays useless

I think the first option is preferable: If a user complain, we'll fix the
issue
and ask for feedback.

As your patch does not really change the implementation, I'll try the first
option on lcdproc Debian package.

All the best

--
https://github.com/dod38fr/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
http://ddumont.wordpress.com/ -o- irc: dod at irc.debian.org

  • [Lcdproc] lis driver and libftdi [was Re: please switch to libftdi1], Dominique Dumont, 02/29/2016