[Lcdproc] YARD2 LCD driver

  • From: yard at yard2usb.de (Rainer Geigenberger)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] YARD2 LCD driver
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 20:14:51 +0100

Guten Tag, Ethan Dicks,

am Donnerstag, 25. Februar 2016 um 19:42 schrieben Sie:

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Rainer Geigenberger <yard at yard2usb.de>
> wrote:
>> Guten Tag, Ethan Dicks,
>> am Donnerstag, 25. Februar 2016 um 19:06 schrieben Sie:
>>> I see a lot of commented-out code ("dead code"). That's going to have
>>> to be cleaned up before it would be accepted. Also, you changed
>>> RENDER_FREQ in main.h. That's not going to be merged.
>>
>>> So in its present state, there's some work to be done.
>>
>>> -ethan
>>
>> OK, thanks.
>> I clean it up the next days.

> That will be a good start.

>> Is it possible to change the RENDER_FREQ during startup option ?
>> i see nothing in the manual or conf file

> I am unaware of any way to change it except during compile, and it's
> too central of a parameter to change by a factor of 8 for all servers.
> What were you trying to accomplish when you changed it?

> -ethan

The Freq with 8 was too high for my daemon. It causes a lot of
traffic.
It was working, but I didn't want so much refreshing.
I think 2 or 4 would be a good choice.

I just set it to 1 because it was the same FREQ like in my Windows
program.

The yard2srvd provides a socket interface which writes then
output to the device. Beside it also works as an IR Receiver and
wakeup device.

Rainer

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen