[Lcdproc] OpenBSD glcd (Cannot load specified object)

  • From: brendanhoran at basstech.net (Brendan Horan)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] OpenBSD glcd (Cannot load specified object)
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 08:18:03 +0800 (HKT)

----- On 23 Feb, 2016, at 12:34 AM, harald harald at ccbib.org wrote:

> Interessting.
>
>> That looks a lot better! I will re-attach the LCD to the machine
>> later today. I will then test again. I am unsure of the correct way
>> to fix this. I assume the linker section or Makefile details for the
>> "drivers" section needs to be edited somehow to force it to include the
>> "libpthread.so" ?
>
> dlopen() is a nightmare - every libc implements it a bit differently and
> everything except for the most basic use cases is not working portably.
>
> At this point the only approach I can think of is
> * get debugging symbols for your libc
> * step with the debugger through dlopen() to see where it fails

I would need to read into how to do this best on OpenBSD.

> However that's only the easy part. The hard part probably will be
> figuring out who is wrong and where to report the bug. :(

Using :
"LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libpthread.so ./LCDd -c LCDd.conf"

Preloading the "libpthread.so" makes the server connect to the display.
I can then run a lcdproc client like this :
"./lcdproc -s localhost -f -p 13666 P I"

The LCD then displays the screens I expected "P,I"
So this work around makes the display work.

However I am unsure what a more permanent fix would be at this point.

Thanks for your help