[Lcdproc] OpenBSD glcd (Cannot load specified object)

  • From: brendanhoran at basstech.net (Brendan Horan)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] OpenBSD glcd (Cannot load specified object)
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 13:37:36 +0800 (HKT)

Sorry for the top post.
Digging at this a little more..
Running with the following syntax "LD_DEBUG=1 server/LCDd -r5 -f -c LCDd.conf"

I see the following error! :
flags /usr/lib/libpthread.so.19.0 = 0x68
dlopen: failed to open libpthread.so.19.0

AHA! but the file is shared object is present :
# file /usr/lib/libpthread.so.19.0
/usr/lib/libpthread.so.19.0: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1

Lets try a preload...
# LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libpthread.so server/LCDd -r5 -f -c LCDd.conf
<SNIP>
Server running in foreground
Listening for queries on 127.0.0.1:13666
screenlist_init()
driver_load(name="glcd", filename="server/drivers/glcd.so")
glcd_init()
glcd: using ConnectionType: glcd2usb
glcd/glcd2usb: no GLCD2USB device found
Driver [glcd] init failed, return code -1
Module server/drivers/glcd.so could not be loaded
Could not load driver glcd
There is no output driver
Critical error while initializing, abort.

That looks a lot better!
I will re-attach the LCD to the machine later today.
I will then test again. I am unsure of the correct way to fix this.
I assume the linker section or Makefile details for the "drivers" section
needs to be edited somehow to force it to include the "libpthread.so" ?

Will report back if it all works.
Thank you

----- On 22 Feb, 2016, at 8:12 AM, brendanhoran brendanhoran at basstech.net