[Lcdproc] Driver for Futaba GP1183A01 VFD display

  • From: herdler at gmx.de (Stefan Herdler)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Driver for Futaba GP1183A01 VFD display
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 00:38:21 +0100

Hi!

Sorry for the late replay, but your message has been eaten by my spamfilter.
Am 21.01.2016 22:20, Andrzej Niedworok wrote:
> I try to connect VFD display (FUTABA GP1183A01) to my Raspberry Pi
> board and configure with LCD Proc.
> Hardware connection (via serial port) is ok . Display show data send
> to /dev/ttyAMA0.
> I chose [seriaIVFD] in LCDd.conf file, and set all necessary
> parameters: Type=3 (Futaba VFD), Size=16x2,
> Speed=9600. However, the display does not work properly. Has anyone
> already had experience whit this display?

The GP1183A01 is currently not supported by the serialVFD driver.
There are several differences between the GP1183A01 and the Futaba
displays supported.
At least a new displaytype in the serialVFD driver gas to be created.
But I'm confident, that it won't become a big deal.

An other option might be using the display in the graphic mode. There
are some Futaba VFDs supported by serdisp.

regards
Stefan

  • [Lcdproc] Driver for Futaba GP1183A01 VFD display, Stefan Herdler, 02/04/2016