[Lcdproc] Patch to fix contrast initial issue for glcd

  • From: harald at ccbib.org (Harald Geyer)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Patch to fix contrast initial issue for glcd
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 15:12:07 +0100

Hi Ta Xuan Truong!

Tạ Xuân Trường writes:
> Hi all, I have a picolcdgfx running lcdproc 0.5.7. The initial contrast
> value in LCDd.conf is not applied to my LCD correctly. When I tried to
> adjust contrast value from glcd menu, it works.

Thanks for looking into this. However it is not clear to me, if you
are having a problem with the server core or with the glcd driver or
with the picolcdgfx connection type.

Looks like the init function of the glcd driver actually does read the
contrast value from the config file and store it in the drivers private
data. Probably the init function of either glcd_drv.c or glcd-picolcdgfx.c
should do the function call to set the contrast ...

Maybe you can look how it is done in other drivers to figure out what's
the right thing to do.

HTH,
Harald

--