[Lcdproc] GPIO connection type for HD44780 driver

  • From: coiker at live.com (Iker Curro)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] GPIO connection type for HD44780 driver
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 21:03:18 +0100

>> In the beginning, making these wrong, I got a few freezes.
>> So there seems to be something wrong with the gpio driver of the system.
>
> Hm, can you reproduce this with manually writing to /sys/class/gpio/...,

Yes. Just
echo "7"> /sys/class/gpio/export
echo "out"> /sys/class/gpio/gpio7/direction
and it's gone.

Now that the LCD works I see that the system is still running.
My shell over ssh seems to be gone.

With the WiringPi-tool I can do something similar with the command
gpio export 13 out

I imagine that these commands change something connected within the system.
Somehow I expected the kernel or the driver to protect me from making
mistakes
like that - but I'm root, so I can do that ;-)