[Lcdproc] GPIO connection type for HD44780 driver

  • From: harald at ccbib.org (harald at ccbib.org)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] GPIO connection type for HD44780 driver
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 14:31:13 +0100

On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 21:39:51 +0100, Iker Curro <coiker at live.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The code runs here on a BananaPi with Jessie, Kernel 4.1.2, display with
> 20x4.

Thanks for testing.

http://linux-sunxi.org/GPIO#Accessing_the_GPIO_pins_through_sysfs_with_mainline_kernel
> for the right pins.

> In the beginning, making these wrong, I got a few freezes.
> So there seems to be something wrong with the gpio driver of the system.

Hm, can you reproduce this with manually writing to /sys/class/gpio/...,
to nail down which pin is causing trouble? I once had a kernel bug where
setting one pin caused USB to be disabled (because the usb driver used
that
pin to decide when to switch from host to client mode without properly
requesting that pin first.), so it even might not be a probblem with the
gpio driver at all.

HTH,
Harald