[Lcdproc] hd44780 on BananaPi with WiringPi

  • From: coiker at live.com (Iker Curro)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780 on BananaPi with WiringPi
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 21:24:40 +0100

Hello Harald,

> I'd recommand that first you try if you can get your HW setup running
> with the gpio driver that fatih.asici at gmail.com posted on
> Sun, 17 May 2015 17:33:24 +0300. If this works for you, then we save
> 19kB of code to maintain.

Tried it yesterday with the current sources and it works. Great!
Thanks for pointing me at that driver. I should have tried it before and save
me the work with wiringPi. On the other hand WiringPi is used by many
people on the RaspberryPi, so it is still logical to use it.
Now I don't know if I should investigate more.
Just in case a few comments on your other answers:

>> 1. I don't know where to configure the use of libwiringPi.so. Currently
>> I need to call "export LIBS=-lwiringPi" before calling "./configure
>> --enable-drivers=hd44780". Otherwise the shared library is not used and
>> LCDd fails to start.
>
> Have a look at server/drivers/Makefile.am:
> hd44780_LDADD = ...

Having trouble with the paths now, because that does not add "-lwiringPi" to
the
gcc call but simply puts the name of the object file there. And gcc does not
find the file in the standard folder.

> I think you solved the other problems already?

I'm ignoring them :-)
No real problems.

Best regards,
Iker