[Lcdproc] LCDd did not startup correctly and return usb_claim_interface() failed! in syslog

  • From: truongtx8 at gmail.com (Ta Xuan Truong)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDd did not startup correctly and return usb_claim_interface() failed! in syslog
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 11:23:00 -0000

Hi LCDproc devs,

I have an issue with my picolcdgfx:
- I use init script to bring up LCDd on startup
- Sometime it works, sometime not.
- When LCDd did not startup correctly, I received message
"usb_claim_interface() failed!" on syslog.

Can you provide an option to force LCDd retry the usb interface several
time before give up?

Now I have to hard code to function glcd_picolcdgfx_init as a temporary
solution.

Do you guy have any better idea so I can improve my code and submit patch.

Kind regards,
Tạ Xuân Trường