[Lcdproc] Matrix Orbital - Unsupported Display?

  • From: noone411 at gmail.com (Jeffrey Han)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Matrix Orbital - Unsupported Display?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 09:34:43 -0700

Hi all,

I am currently using a LK204-7T-1U
<http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/LK_Series/LK204-7T-1U/LK204-7T-1U.pdf>
display from Matrix Orbital, which I assumed would more or less work
flawlessly with lcdproc. However, I ran into a couple of issues with keypad
inputs.

Since the keypad mapping in the manual does not actually generate keypad
codes, I set *keypad_test_mode* = yes to view the actual keypad codes that
are generated. When I run LCDd, I see the following:

[root at localhost examples]# LCDd
MtxOrb: Entering keypad test mode...
MtxOrb: unable to read device type
MtxOrb: unable to read device firmware revision
MtxOrb: unable to read device serial number
MtxOrb: Received character ,
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character P
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character ▒
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character ?
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character

MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character 9
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character "
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character P
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character R
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character O
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character D
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character U
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character C
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character T
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.
MtxOrb: Received character I
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.

And each following keypad input will result in: (Regardless of which key I
press.)

MtxOrb: Received character A
MtxOrb: Press another key of your device.

Is it possible that this display is currently incompatible with lcdproc?
The default setting for keymap config makes navigating menus impossible, as
any input will result in "Enter" or "A" being received.

Using the keypad codes listed in the manual will allow me to navigate the
menu system, but eventually lock up and use "Enter" or "A" for any further
keypad inputs.

Any help or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

--Jeff