[Lcdproc] New Driver: picolcdgraph (Mini-box.com picoLCD 256x64 Sideshow)

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] New Driver: picolcdgraph (Mini-box.com picoLCD 256x64 Sideshow)
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 23:18:52 +0200

On 15.03.2012 21:13, Laurence Withers wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 08:57:21PM +0100, Markus Dolze wrote:
>> Additionally, I strongly suggest to use the 'glcd' driver (not to be
>> confused with 'glcdlib' driver) available in CVS HEAD. This one takes
>> care of most text related parts of a LCDproc driver and support Freetype
>> rendering as well. Unfortunately, it is not yet optimized for use with
>> display that use 'paged' memory layout and requires some frame buffer
>> conversions in that case. The GLCD2USB device works in a similar way and
>> is already supported. The Freetype rendering code can unfortunately not
>> be used with other drivers (yet).
>
> Hi Markus,
>
> Thanks for the pointers. When I next get some time to spend on this, I will
> rework this driver for glcd, as it looks like a good solution to the
> problem.
>
> Many thanks, and bye for now,

Hi,

I had this message flagged for a long time. I recently submitted a
driver for picoLCD 256x64 display by S. Meharg.

Therefore, I finally put your driver aside. Please give the 'picolcdgfx'
connection type of the 'glcd' driver a try.

Regards,
Markus

  • [Lcdproc] New Driver: picolcdgraph (Mini-box.com picoLCD 256x64 Sideshow), Markus Dolze, 05/08/2013