[Lcdproc] picolcdgfx driver

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] picolcdgfx driver
  • Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 22:07:53 +0200

On 30.01.2013 01:59, Scott Meharg wrote:
> Attached is the patch and file for Mini-box.com's PicoLCDGraphics LCD.
>
> It uses glcd driver with connect type picolcdgfx.

Hi,

I had a look at this patch this weekend. There are a few things I ask
you to test:

1. With recent LCDproc CVS version 'paged' memory layouts are directly
supported. This means there is no conversion necessary from 'linear'
to 'paged' memory layout.
2. If the backlight is just switchable (on/off) or if it is adjustable
(from 0 to max). From reading the lcd4linux I believe the latter
being true. In this case the driver should be updated to make use of
(on_brightness / off_brightness).
3. The way to calculate the contrast setting looks a little weird. See
my comment in the updated driver.

Attached you find an updated version of the driver. You will need
LCDproc sources as of today for the patch to apply cleanly.

Regards,
Markus