[Lcdproc] Raspberry Pi 40x4 LCD hd44780-rpi

  • From: kevin at unseen.org (Kevin Walton)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Raspberry Pi 40x4 LCD hd44780-rpi
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:27:35 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013, Markus Dolze wrote:

> On 11.02.2013 11:13, Markus Dolze wrote:
>> On 10.02.2013 14:33, Kevin Walton wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am looking to connect up a 40x4 HD7780 LCD to a Raspberry Pi.
>>>
>>> After some searching and a look at the current nightly build I can
>>> only find support for single LCD modules in lcdproc on the Raspberry Pi.
>>>
>>> Has anyone played with enabling support for a 40x4 module (but not
>>> checked it in yet)?
>>>
>>> Which GPIO pin would be suggested for the second En?
>>>
>>> If no one has started extending I could take a look but my coding
>>> skills are only very basic - is it relatively straight forward to do?
>>>
>>> All comments and advice much appreciated.
>>
>> the time I committed the Raspberry Pi driver I knew someone would come
>> up with this ;-)
>>
>> I have a 40x4 change ready, but I would like to spend another hour or
>> two for testing. Stay tuned.
>
> please try the attached patch.

Hi Markus

Make clean'ed, Patch applied cleanly, no errors, configured and built ok.
Runs ok with no errors, but only top 2 lines display correctly :(

Module is one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170747019967?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Looks like this:

http://imgur.com/avmQ981