[Lcdproc] Problems with Pyramid-Display

  • From: manuel.dejonghe at primekey.se (Manuel Dejonghe)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Problems with Pyramid-Display
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:02:57 +0100

Hi all,
I am currently encountering some problems with some Pyramid Displays that we
got. The displayed text seldom makes sense and reacts to keypresses only very
very late.

The connection to the display generally seems okay: I tried to send the
"output"-command via telnet, and the LED went on and off immediately, as
expected. Also, when I crank up the ReportLevel, I can see the
keypress-Events on the Host with only slight delay.
Also the display generally seems okay, the heartbeat flickers "naturally".
Not quite as fast and flicker-free as I have seen on some other
LCDproc-Displays in youtube, but it seems okay.
It's just that the keypresses (like a "down" in the options-menu) seem to be
executed only very late, much delayed, if it leads to a reaction at all.

What is your experience ? Could it be I am having a defect display ?
I have been through the LCDd.conf and lcd*.conf and did not see, but is there
maybe somewhere a setting for the serial connection (like 8N1, 9600) I should
check ?

Is there somewhere some documentation about the protocol spoken to the
display ? I'd love to tap that connection for debugging, or also to simulate
either side of the communication.

Also, the pyramid pcb has another 4pin header. Would that happen to be a
serial connection ?

thank you very much for answers to any of my questions :)

best regards,
Manuel Dejonghe

PrimeKey Labs GmbH
Krantzstr. 7 (Halle 15)