[Lcdproc] Test

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Test
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 20:59:48 +0200

On 31.05.2012 16:38, William Ferrell wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Martin T Jones
> <martin at brasskipper.org.uk <mailto:martin at brasskipper.org.uk>> wrote:
>
> That's about the time the lcdproc.org <http://lcdproc.org> domain
> stopped working, see attached whois output.
>
> I've now tried lcdproc.org <http://lcdproc.org> on several different
> computers and ISPs in the UK, all show the wrong page, see:
>

> https://sourceforge.net/__projects/lcdproc/forums/forum/__312/topic/5283652
>
> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/lcdproc/forums/forum/312/topic/5283652>
>
> I can still access the site at:
>
> http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/
>

> Nuts. I was worried about this. If anyone knows how long eNom's
> "automatic reactivation period" is, chime in so I know when to go renew
> the damned domain and get it away from the loon who renewed it for me in
> 2004 and transferred it to her hosting company. Otherwise we get to
> figure out a new domain name to use for the project :(
>
> Either way, since it was my screwup letting her get involved in the
> first place, I'll foot the bill for the renewal :)

When I looked at the whois record at the time of the report in the forum
the domain was still registered to William.

Right now, if I open www.lcdproc.org I do see our page. Don't know why
this is different from the UK.

@William: If you would like to renew the domain, please do so. I will be
happy to spend a few bucks for the DNS, too.

Regards,
Markus