[Lcdproc] New Driver: ezlcd3xx

  • From: zeromemory at gmail.com (Sergey B)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] New Driver: ezlcd3xx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:20:33 -0800

Hello,

For the last 3 or so weeks I was working on an lcdproc driver for
ezlcd3xx. These are not character modules but are smart color LCDs;
current flagship product is ezLCD-301:
http://store.earthlcd.com/ezLCD-301. These have a flash storage with
custom fonts, pictures, etc., and can be connected easily to a
computer via a USB port or an RS232 connection. EarthLCD.com wants to
expand into the character module market so they tasked me with writing
an lcdproc driver for it. For the most part the driver is in a pretty
decent shape, works good in 4x20 and 8x40 configuration, though more
work needs to be done on the touchscreen input, which may improve a
lot as new versions of ezLCD-301 firmware become released.

I saw posts saying you need diff files to commit to the cvs tree of
lcdproc. The instructions for adding the driver in LCDproc Developer's
guide did not work for me. I edited all the config file exactly as
instructions have said but cannot find autogen.sh. I hope someone here
can help me figure out how to properly configure all the makefiles and
create the diff, but in the meantime I have a google code page with
the driver by itself:

The source code is here:
http://lcdproc-ezlcd3xx.googlecode.com/svn/lcdproc/server/drivers/

The settings for LCDd.conf are here:
http://lcdproc-ezlcd3xx.googlecode.com/svn/docs/LCDd-ezlcd3xx.conf

The driver uses fonts and icons currently not supplied by the default
filesystem. They are available here:
http://lcdproc-ezlcd3xx.googlecode.com/svn/ezlcd301-filesystem/

EarthLCD.com is willing to give a sparkling new ezLCD-301 to someone
willing to do some testing and debugging on the driver, so as to get
it into a plug-and-play condition with the installations of lcdproc.