[Lcdproc] Some advice on 5.25" bay graphic LCD module or VFD

  • From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Some advice on 5.25" bay graphic LCD module or VFD
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:58:42 -0500

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Markus Dolze <bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de>
wrote:
>> I was looking at getting something like this:
>> http://www.matrixorbital.com/Economy-Display-MOU-Character-VFDs/c42_20/index.html
>> I don't know if the the MOU series will work.
>
> Anyone else?

Glancing at the MOU/MOS/MOX manual, the command set seems to be the
same as in the past. It's quite likely that as long as you match up
VFD vs LCD (which differ because of brightness and contrast commands)
and get the screen geometry right, these newer displays should work
fine with the existing Matrix Orbital driver.

I still have all my old Matrix Orbital displays, but I have nothing in
the MOU/MOS/MOX line.

-ethan