[Lcdproc] Some advice on 5.25" bay graphic LCD module or VFD

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Some advice on 5.25" bay graphic LCD module or VFD
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:38:32 +0100

Hi

On 14.01.2012 22:13, Kaya Saman wrote:
> Thanks so much for the response Markus :-)
>

> I was looking at getting something like this:
>
> http://www.matrixorbital.com/Economy-Display-MOU-Character-VFDs/c42_20/index.html
>
> or
>
> http://www.matrixorbital.com/Intelligent-Display-Graphic-LCDs/c39_5/p362/GLK12232-25-SM-WB-(Black)/product_info.html
>
> where the second option shows some graph like graphics....

The GLK12232-25-SM is supposed to be supported by LCDproc ('glk'
driver), but they have not been tested for some time. I don't know if
the the MOU series will work.

Anyone else?

> would lcdproc support that or is it just simply standard bargraphs or
> block-style graphs that are supported?

You will just get standard (block character) bar graphs.

> Also is it possible to show 'alternating' screens so that say when
> the OS has booted the default screen will display a mixture of
> processes for n-seconds or minutes? Kinda like CPU for 10 seconds
> then memory for the next 10 seconds then system load etc....?

This is exactly what LCDproc is for. See some examples at

http://www.lcdproc.org/screenshots.php3

Regards,
Markus