[Lcdproc] New Driver: SDEC LCD for Watchguard Firebox

  • From: fireboxled at gmail.com (Firebox LED)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] New Driver: SDEC LCD for Watchguard Firebox
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:56:48 -0500

All,

I would like to submit my driver code for inclusion in the LCDproc project.

The driver is for the 1U Firebox firewall appliances made by Watchguard. They
are sold under various model numbers within the X-Core, X-Core-e and X-Peak
product lines. These boxes feature a 20x2 Text LCD from SDEC, interfaced in
through the parallel port. These appliances are i386-based. There is also a
4-button keypad. As these boxes have reached End-Of-Life, they are fairly
inexpensive to acquire. There is dedicated group of enthusiasts running the
pfSense firewall distribution (based on FreeBSD 8.2). I run the Debian-based
Vyatta distribution.

The code is available here:

https://github.com/fmertz/sdeclcd/tree/sdec

It is on the sdec branch off of the master branch. I?d be happy to submit the
code in whatever form is preferred. I did my best to follow the guidelines in
the documentation for code style, code documentation and overall
documentation.

At this point, the code was confirmed running on Linux (Debian/Vyatta) and
pfSense/FreeBSD. It compiles fine on OpenBSD 4.3 but fails in 5.0, as
reported previously on this list. Let me know if there are additional
requirements.