[Lcdproc] Some advice on 5.25" bay graphic LCD module or VFD

  • From: kayasaman at gmail.com (Kaya Saman)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Some advice on 5.25" bay graphic LCD module or VFD
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 21:52:07 +0200

Hi,

first up I'd like to ask what a good USB 5.25" LCD or VFD module is???

The bigger the display area the better for me and touch screen is not
necessary.

I have looked at CrystalFontz and MatrixOrbital and they look really
interesting.

I don't know much about LCD module's for computer bays and would like to
get more into it by adding them into my server bays. Ideally I would
like to make use of the graphic features on the LCD panels but I have
read in the lcdproc documentation that it is not supported??

Would it be just worth getting a simple monochrome text LCD and
displaying bargraphs and text info or would I actually be able to make
use of the graphical features with lcdproc.

Currently I am using lcd4linux on one box which has a built in PicoLCD
display - the Mini-Box M300 model which does a good job but segfaults
when I try to use the buttons and the support is quite limited too as
the mailing list is pretty low traffic. For someone like myself with not
much knowledge or experience in the area it's quite difficult to get
things working with what I want to display.

Anyway, any advice or direction would be great.

Thanks,

Kaya