[Lcdproc] Pictogram specification

  • From: david.glaude at gmail.com (David Glaude)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Pictogram specification
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:51:58 +0200

Hi,

I am no more in lcdproc developpement... so feel free to discard my
comment. However I was there when the icon came.

I have an opinion about this: "Their will be no alternative
implementation in LCDd core if a driver does not understand a
pictogram (like it is done for icons)."
I believe that most hardware have no pictogram, so few driver will
implement this, so few client will use them, so this might all be for
nothing.
However, it might be interesting to have in the core a screen that
display "fake" pictogram using icon (or else) and that the core could
display in the loop between client for hardware without pictogram.
That would be an option that the user could enable or not. If enabled,
then the fake pictogram capabilities would be announced to client.

I believe that by offering a set of standard pictogram that are likely
to be fakely present in most driver, it will attract the usage of that
new feature. Then it will benefit to those with physical pictogram.

What do you think?

David Glaude