[Lcdproc] Pictogram specification

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Pictogram specification
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:38:47 +0200

Hello LCDproc developers,

currently a lot of ideas for implementing 'pictograms' are floating around.
To not loose track of the different ideas I put together a 'specification'.

It currently talks about the necessary driver API extension, but I hope to
extend it quickly with the client language and other aspects. Note that it
may change dramatically by design decisions that are currently discussed.

The document lives in CVS as a Docbook article. Why not using Google docs,
some wiki, etc? Because I can easily copy this into the developers guide
later.

You find it in current CVS as docs/pictogram-spec.docbook or for online
reading at [1].

Note this article is not intended as a replacement for discussions taking
place at [2].

[1] http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/docs/pictogram-spec.html
[2] http://sourceforge.net/apps/ideatorrent/lcdproc/ideatorrent/idea/2/

Regards