[Lcdproc] Separate icon area: interface for drivers?

  • From: wolfgang.hauck at gmx.de (Wolfgang Hauck)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Separate icon area: interface for drivers?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:59:19 +0200

Hi all,

recently I have discovered that the Moncaso 320 display offers icons
above the text line, e.g. "play", "pause" or "stop". Now I would l like
to extend the driver to support icons of this kind.

I have found some discussions on this subject, but they are a little
outdated. Obviously the interface callback function "icon" is the wrong
function (implements other use case), and the suggested driver function
was "output" (one bit per icon switches on/off).

Are there any news concerning these "out-of-band" icons? E.g. is there a
plan to introduce a new interface function handling this icon type?

Regards,
Wolfgang