[Lcdproc] Patch: Driver for VFD in MonCaso 320

  • From: wolfgang.hauck at gmx.de (Wolfgang Hauck)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Patch: Driver for VFD in MonCaso 320
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 01:35:11 +0200

Am 15.09.2011 08:23, schrieb Markus Dolze:
> On 13.09.2011 01:59, Wolfgang Hauck wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> hopefully this is the right board to submit a new driver.
>>
>> The Moncaso 320
>> (http://moneualusa.com/?option=com_content&view=article&id=158&Itemid=159)
>> contains a small one-line-display. The cases MonCaso 312/320 are
>> discussed in the thread
>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1536934. By reverse
>> engineering I have been able to write a very simple display driver,
>> which is attached to this e-mail as patch to LCDproc 0.5.4.
>> Unfortunately, I have no information about the full functionality of
>> the VFD (as e.g. icons).
>>
>> The driver works quite well with VDR
>> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Disk_Recorder) and some supportive
>> scripts I have written.
>>
>> By the way: Is there anyone with some more information about the VFD
>> found in the MonCaso 320? It is hard to get a technical manual.
>>
>> I tried my very best to adhere to your conventions. Let me know if
>> some changes or adaptations are necessary.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Wolfgang
> Hello Wolfgang,
>
> thank you for your submission. I will take a look at it although this
> may take some time (probably some weeks).
>
> Regards,
> Markus

Hi all!

Markus, thank you for your reply.

Meanwhile got some feedback, which I added to the patch.

Changes:

* The configure script is now part of the patch file. The command
autoconf had to be executed in the version before.
* Settings of serial port were only correct if LIRC was running
before. Now, the driver can be configured to configure the port on
its own.
* Added some parameters controlling the collaberation with other
drivers using the same serial port (particularly LIRC).

Further feedback is welcome!

And again, I am looking for more information on this device. If anyone
should know the one or other thing, please let me know.

Regards,
Wolfgang