[Lcdproc] Patch that allows remote control global backlight

  • From: fetzer.ch at googlemail.com (fetzer.ch at googlemail.com)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Patch that allows remote control global backlight
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:55:59 +0200

Hello everyone!

I created a patch that allows to control the global server backlight option
using the client protocol:

server_backlight {on|off|open|toggle}

When reading throught the archives, I found that a remote control interface
for lcdproc settings was discussed a few years ago.

In my opinion it would be realy cool to have it :-)
I use lcdproc on my media server that is always running.
With that patch i'm able to switch the lcd backlight on when switching on the
tv.

The patch is not perfect as the options menu is not updated.
(I didn't find a way without making the option menu globally available. Any
tipps?)

It would also be cool to add other commands like
- screen_goto
- screen_next
- screen_prev

What do you think. Any chances that it'll make it to the trunk? Maybe with an
compiler option or flag in the server config to enable / disable it.

Thanks,
Christian