[Lcdproc] Patch: Driver for VFD in MonCaso 320

  • From: wolfgang.hauck at gmx.de (Wolfgang Hauck)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Patch: Driver for VFD in MonCaso 320
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 01:59:24 +0200

Hi all,

hopefully this is the right board to submit a new driver.

The Moncaso 320
(http://moneualusa.com/?option=com_content&view=article&id=158&Itemid=159)
contains a small one-line-display. The cases MonCaso 312/320 are
discussed in the thread
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1536934. By reverse engineering
I have been able to write a very simple display driver, which is
attached to this e-mail as patch to LCDproc 0.5.4. Unfortunately, I have
no information about the full functionality of the VFD (as e.g. icons).

The driver works quite well with VDR
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Disk_Recorder) and some supportive
scripts I have written.

By the way: Is there anyone with some more information about the VFD
found in the MonCaso 320? It is hard to get a technical manual.

I tried my very best to adhere to your conventions. Let me know if some
changes or adaptations are necessary.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang