[Lcdproc] picoLCD improved key input

  • From: martin.t.jones at virgin.net (Martin T Jones)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] picoLCD improved key input
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 19:32:31 +0100

On 18/08/11 18:34, Markus Dolze wrote:
> On 18.08.2011 17:21, Martin T Jones wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have now tested both the key and IR input on my 20x2 display. The
>> performance of both is better, it is difficult to be quantitative with
>> the IR input but key input is now 100% reliable, I found the
>> libusb-0.1 build missed about 1 in 20 key presses.
>>
>> I think the patch is ready to commit although it would be nice if
>> someone with a 20x4 display can confirm that that is OK.
>>
>> Martin
>>
> Hi,
>
> I just had a brief look at the patch and see you put a lot of work in
> it. If using libusb-1.0 works that good it should be committed.
>
> However: I am not happy with adding libusb-1.0 to the LCDd core nor
> should any driver include core headers (#include "../main.h"). The
> events should solely be handled within the driver.
>
> I will have a closer look on the integration of libusb-0.1 and
> libusb-1.0 as I will commit a change to the libusb detection soon.
>
> Regards,
> Markus

Hello,

I agree, drivers should be self-contained. I only include main.h for
PROCESS_FREQ which is used to convert the auto-repeat times to counts
for use in get_key, perhaps it should be moved to a shared header.

Initialisation & de-initialisation of libusb-1.0 is quite
straightforward and only needs to move somewhere common to support
multiple USB drivers.

The only "FIXME" that needs some thought is the one in main. My code is
very simple and works well for a single driver but this really needs to
be done properly,
the libusb-1.0 documentation is quite good, see my comment for where to
look.

Martin