[Lcdproc] comment/reflection upon code style guidelines

  • From: liselorev+lcdproc at gmail.com (Liselore Vermeulen)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] comment/reflection upon code style guidelines
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 11:38:49 +0200

L.S.

<replace with polite and clever greeting to all />

I'm having a remark to the "code guidelines"
the combination of these lines:
- tabulation to 8 characters
- lines truncated on 80 chars
has as consequence - in my opinion/experience -
- to use "short" variable names , instead of "clearlyDescribing" ones..
- search for exotic constructions (or even worse: goto's) to reduce level of
indentation.

Since indent is used anyway... do these code guidelines still hold ?

Friendly serial greetings,
L.V.