[Lcdproc] picolcd driver on FreeBSD 8.1 AMD64

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] picolcd driver on FreeBSD 8.1 AMD64
  • Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 22:15:01 +0200

On 05.08.2011 19:22, Cino wrote:
> I'm trying to compile the picolcd driver for LCDproc on a FreeBSD8.1
> AMD64 box. It states that I need libusb before it can compile the
> driver. i could be wrong but I thought libusb was added to the base
> for FreeBSD. I've tried to manually compile libusb on my box but thats
> a no go either. I've tried the libusb port but it states my system
> already has lib-usb-0.1.12_4
>
> I really just need the driver as its going on to another box, a
> pfsense router. Would anyone be able to send me a copy of the picolcd
> driver and possible their libusb.so.2 also? If its already compiled on
> FreeBSD 8.0/8.1/8.2 I'll take it to try.
>
> thanks,
>
> Stephen

Hi,

are you using the FreeBSD port of LCDproc or are you compiling from
source yourself?

The latter will fail as FreeBSD 8 ships with libusb-0.1 compatible
libraries but misses the file for pkg-config to correctly detect this.

You may do any of these:
1. Use the port (which is at 0.5.4)
2. Use -current and apply the Makefile patch from the port, this
requires to run autoconf and friends
3. Create a fake .pc file to point pkg-config to the libraries in base
system

Regards,
Markus