[Lcdproc] CrytalFontz 635 LCDd.conf issues

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] CrytalFontz 635 LCDd.conf issues
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 19:56:36 +0100

On 24.02.2011 22:07, Jim Salk wrote:
> Below is my LCDd.conf file. For some reason, the "Hello" lines never
> get displayed. The "Goodbye" lines do, although they do not replace
> any characters to the right of any space. So the original letters in
> the CrystalFontz boot screen remain. Contast and brightness work.
> Nothing works if I do not have "Reboot" set to yes.
>
> When I run LCDd, the CrystalFontz boot screen shows, the brightness
> and contrast get readjusted and a portion of the first three lines
> changes. The first line shows "LCDproc Server" with a beating heart
> in the rightmost position. The second line reads "Clients: 0" plus
> the remaining characters from the boot screen. The third line reads
> "Screens: 0" plus the remaining characters from the boot screen. The
> fourth line is unchanged from the boot screen.
>
> The "Hello" text is never displayed.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated. Here is my LCDd.conf file:

Hi,

unfortunately I cannot reproduce your problem using my CFA 635
(XES635BKTMFKU) and your config (I had to use different values for
brightness and contrast as well).

In fact I do see the Hello screen until a client connects. It also works
with and without reboot=yes.

You may actually face two problems: First the display is not cleared
during initialization. Second you do not see the Hello message.

The display is cleared on startup using a hardware command. I am not
aware of any firmware version that does not support this command. But
you may try the attached patch. It initializes one buffer differently so
whole screen is redrawn upon startup.

As you do see the server screen you should see the Hello message as that
uses standard drawing functions. I will have a close look at this, but
as I wrote above, it does work here...

Regards,
Markus