[Lcdproc] CrytalFontz 635 LCDd.conf issues

  • From: jsalk at salk.net (Jim Salk)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] CrytalFontz 635 LCDd.conf issues
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:07:22 -0500

Below is my LCDd.conf file. For some reason, the "Hello" lines never
get displayed. The "Goodbye" lines do, although they do not replace any
characters to the right of any space. So the original letters in the
CrystalFontz boot screen remain. Contast and brightness work. Nothing
works if I do not have "Reboot" set to yes.

When I run LCDd, the CrystalFontz boot screen shows, the brightness and
contrast get readjusted and a portion of the first three lines changes.
The first line shows "LCDproc Server" with a beating heart in the
rightmost position. The second line reads "Clients: 0" plus the
remaining characters from the boot screen. The third line reads
"Screens: 0" plus the remaining characters from the boot screen. The
fourth line is unchanged from the boot screen.

The "Hello" text is never displayed.

Any advice would be appreciated. Here is my LCDd.conf file:

# LCDd.conf -- configuration file for the LCDproc server daemon LCDd
#
[server]
Bind=127.0.0.1
Port=13666
User="root"
#Foreground=no
#ReportLevel=2
ReportToSyslog=no
Driver=CFontzPacket
DriverPath=/usr/lib/lcdproc/
WaitTime= "2"
ServerScreen=no
Backlight= on
#
Hello=" "
Hello=" Welcome "
Hello=" "
Hello=" "
#
Goodbye="==================== "
Goodbye="| Thanks for using "
Goodbye="-- --"
Goodbye="====================="
#
# menu section: define keys to use in the server menu #
#[menu]
#
#MenuKey = Escape
#
# ESC switches to server menu
#
#EnterKey =Enter
#UpKey= "Up"
#DownKey="Down"
#LeftKey= "Left"
#RightKey = "Right"
#
# CrystalFontz packet driver (for CF631, CF633 & CF635) ##
#
[CFontzPacket]
#
# Select the LCD model [default: 633; legal: 631, 633, 635]
Model=635
# Select the output device to use [default: /dev/lcd]
Device=/dev/ttyUSB0
# Select the LCD size [default: depending on model: 635: 20x4, 631:
20x2, 633: 16x2]
Size=20x4
# Set the initial contrast [default: 560; legal: 0 - 1000]
Contrast=90
# Set the initial brightness [default: 1000; legal: 0 - 1000]
Brightness=60
# Set the initial off-brightness [default: 0; legal: 0 - 1000]
# This value is used when the display is normally
# switched off in case LCDd is inactive
OffBrightness=0
# Set the communication speed [default: 9600; legal: 1200, 2400, 9600,
19200, 115200]
Speed=115200
# Reinitialize the LCD's BIOS [default: no; legal: yes, no]
# I want to reboot the LCD to make sure we start from a known state
Reboot=yes
#
# EOF

Thanks,