[Lcdproc] How to turn off backlight of iMON-LCD at shutdown

  • From: allsorts at howhill.com (Dave Liquorice)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] How to turn off backlight of iMON-LCD at shutdown
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 23:03:30 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:39:35 +1000, Paul Hunt wrote:

Only to me and not the list, unless it's taking a while to get through the
list...

>>> The iMon displays are hooked into the cable bundle for the motherboard
>>> to get their juice. So yes, they are getting their power from the low
>>> power rails which are powered even if the PSU is not active
>>>
>> So it's a hardware problem not a software one. B-)
<snip>
>> Simple solution is to move where the display gets it's power from. Shift
>> it from pin 9 (purple wire, +5vsb) to one of the red wires (+5v) in pin 4
>> or 6.
>
> You need to use the +5 V standby supply if you wish to use the remote
> power on feature.

Does the OP require that feature? If not it's the simple solution.

Even if he does it's still a hardware problem, just feed the backlight from
the normal +5v and the electronics from the +5vsb.

> It _is_ necessary do to run lcdproc to turn off the backlight, but it
> stays off after power down or suspend-to-ram.

Unless there is a mains power glitch... ie the display gets reset. Software
solutions are just bodges to work around a hardware problem.

--
Cheers
Dave.