[Lcdproc] How to turn off backlight of iMON-LCD at shutdown

  • From: prhunt at comcen.com.au (Paul Hunt)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] How to turn off backlight of iMON-LCD at shutdown
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:58:18 +1000

On 22/02/11 07:04, Dave Liquorice wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:55:19 +0100, Berend Dekens wrote:
>

>> The iMon displays are hooked into the cable bundle for the motherboard
>> to get their juice. So yes, they are getting their power from the low
>> power rails which are powered even if the PSU is not active (aka all
>> fans and disks off).
>>
> So it's a hardware problem not a software one. B-)
>
> I guess it could be worked around in software but as has already been
> pointed out the backlight will come back on when the board gets reset.
>
> Simple solution is to move where the display gets it's power from. Shift it
> from pin 9 (purple wire, +5vsb) to one of the red wires (+5v) in pin 4 or
> 6.

You need to use the +5 V standby supply if you wish to use the remote
power on feature.
Some, but not all, machines have a problem in keeping the backlight
switched off after shutdown.

It seems to somehow be related to activity on the USB bus after
shutdown, and is motherboard dependent.

I do not experience this issue on my multi-media system, built on a
Gigabyte motherboard - GA-EP45-UD3

It _is_ necessary do to run lcdproc to turn off the backlight, but it
stays off after power down or suspend-to-ram.

(I had to create a little script for my power management subsystem to
get the backlight to go off at suspend. OpenSuse 11.3)

Paul