[Lcdproc] How to turn off backlight of iMON-LCD at shutdown

  • From: allsorts at howhill.com (Dave Liquorice)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] How to turn off backlight of iMON-LCD at shutdown
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 21:04:50 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:55:19 +0100, Berend Dekens wrote:

> The iMon displays are hooked into the cable bundle for the motherboard
> to get their juice. So yes, they are getting their power from the low
> power rails which are powered even if the PSU is not active (aka all
> fans and disks off).

So it's a hardware problem not a software one. B-)

I guess it could be worked around in software but as has already been
pointed out the backlight will come back on when the board gets reset.

Simple solution is to move where the display gets it's power from. Shift it
from pin 9 (purple wire, +5vsb) to one of the red wires (+5v) in pin 4 or 6.

--
Cheers
Dave.