[Lcdproc] How to turn off backlight of iMON-LCD at shutdown

  • From: fblack947 at yahoo.com (jk)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] How to turn off backlight of iMON-LCD at shutdown
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 07:43:35 -0800 (PST)

Unfortunately, the answer is: not really.

You can configure LCDproc to display the goodbye message, display a clock, or
turn the display off when LCDproc shuts down, and these features work if
you're
just shutting down LCDproc. (See the OnExit parameter under the [imonlcd]
section in LCDd.conf).

However, when the machine is actually shut down, the screen ends up getting
reset somehow (outside of LCDproc), and the backlight gets turned back on.

It's a known issue, with no known solution for now.

-Jonathan