[Lcdproc] [patch] lcd2usb global buffer fix

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] [patch] lcd2usb global buffer fix
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 08:14:40 +0100

Hi,

while analyzing Michael's contributed lcd2usb patch I found that the
lcd2usb driver uses a global variable to implements its send buffer.

As using global variables within this driver is not intended and other
hd44780 connection types may take advantage from a send buffer as well
(e.g. ethlcd) I moved the buffer to driver's private data.

Fix attached. If it runs fine for a few days now, I will commit it
before 0.5.4.

Regards,
Markus